Online Food Handler Training
SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
About this course
This Nationally Accredited Unit of Competence SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety online training incorporates the skills and knowledge required to use personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food that might cause food-borne illnesses. It requires the ability to follow predetermined organisational procedures and to identify and control food hazards.
The unit applies to all organisations with permanent or temporary kitchen premises or smaller food preparation or bar areas.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be issued a Statement of Attainment for SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety which is recognised in all states and territories.
Further information on the course including duration and assessment along with Clubs WA (Trading As Hospitality Alliance Training) terms and conditions can be seen below and in the Student Handbook.
To create your personal Student Account you will need
- Your Unique Student Indentifier (USI) Number - Visit the Australian Government website www.usi.gov.au to get yours
- Your date of birth and full legal name
- A personal email address (not a company email)
- If you have purchased courses with HAT before you can login to your 'Student Login' and then purchase the course once logged in
Learning outcomesAt the conclusion of this course you will have the skills and knowledge required to use personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food that might cause food-borne illnesses
- Module 1: Responsibilities
- Module 2: Food Safety Program
- Module 3: Food Safety
- Module 4: Hygiene
- Module 5: Diseases
- Self-paced Estimated Duration: 4-hours minimum
- Actual time required will depend upon a student’s learning capability along with their current level of knowledge and understanding of this topic
- NCVER Nominal Hours: 15-hours
- Nationally agreed nominal hours can viewed at www.ncver.edu.au/rtohub/statistical-standard-software/nationally-agreed-nominal-hours
- Online Questions
- Practical Assessment
Statement of Attainment
- Successfully complete the assessment in your own time
- Download the 'Authenticity Declaration' form from your student profile
- Follow the instructions on this form and have it signed and returned to Hospitality Alliance Training
- Once Hospitality Alliance Training has witnessed your signed Authenticy Declaration and received all required forms, you will be emailed an alert letting you know that your Certificate/Statement of Attainment can be downloaded from your student profile
- As a Registered Training Organisation, we need to verify that the person who completed the online training and assessment is the same person who enrolled for the course and will be issued with the Statement of Attainment.
- Once you have completed the online assessment, an Authenticity Declaration Form will be available for you to complete and send to Clubs WA (Trading as Hospitality Alliance Training).
- Student Handbook - downloaded
- Student Training Manual - downloaded
- Phone with reception for verbal assessments or equipment to video a role play
- Internet access to research legislation as per weblinks provided
- System: PC | Mac | Android | iPad | iPhone
- Capable of viewing videos
- Audio with speakers or headphones to listen to videos
- PDF Reader - downloads will require Adobe Reader
- Preferred Browsers: Mozilla Firefox (1.5+); Google Chrome; Internet Explorer (10+).