Online Club Committee Compliance Training
About this course
Developed by Clubs WA for the Management Committees and Boards of WA Licensed & Community ClubsThis course has been contextualised for Western Australia and references the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 and the Liquor Control Act 1988.
This engaging and practical online course is an essential introduction for any new or prospective Committee Members, along with long-serving Committees wanting to better understand the Committee's compliance responsibilities.
- Unsure of your legal obligations with the new Associations Incorporation Act 2015 in place?
- New to being on a Club Board or Committee?
- Need to know more about legal compliance and how it impacts you and your club?
If you answered YES to any of the above, you should enrol in Clubs WA's Club COmmittee Compliance online course, designed specifically for Club Management Committees and Boards.
To create your personal Student Account you will need
- Your Unique Student Indentifier (USI) Number - Visit the Australian Government website www.usi.gov.au to get yours
- Your date of birth and full legal name
- A personal email address (not a company email)
- If you have purchased courses with HAT before you can login to your 'Student Login' and then purchase the course once logged in
Training topics include:
- Compliance with all relevant Acts
including Liquor Control Act 1988 and Associations Incorporation Act 2015
- Management Committee/Board Responsibilities
including eligibility, legal and financial, and the cross-over with Club Managers
- Dealing with conflicts of interests
including material personal interets
- Committee Meetings
including Notice of Meetings, Quorom, Voting Methods, Minutes and Reporting
- Grievances and Disputes
including new constitution requirements
- Module 1: Associations Incorporations Act 2015
- Module 2: Liquor Control Act 1988
- Module 3: The Club's Constitution
- Module 4: The Management Committee
- Module 5: Meetings
- Module 6: Chairing A Meeting
- Module 7: Effective Meeting Minutes
- Module 8: Finance
- Module 9: Club Members
- Module 10: Club Volunteers
- Module 11: Club Employees
- Module 12: Risk Management
- Module 13: Discrimination and Harassment
- Module 14: Grievances and Disputes
- Module 15: Occupational Safety and Health
- Module 16: Insurance
The next face-to-face training will be held:Clubs WA will be hosting an interactive 3-hour masterclass version of the course.
The Masterclass version of the online course will arm you with the vital information you need to know in order to run a viable, compliant and successful community club and is suitable for long-time Committees and Boards looking for a refresh and in-depth look into committee compliance responsibilities.
Date: Tuesday 15th May 2018
Time: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Venue: Clubs WA Offices, 2/12 Hammond Road Cockburn Central 6164
Price: $60 per person inc. GST
Inclusions: Tickets are inclusive of the 3-hour masterclass, the 177-page hardcopy Course Manual for continued reference, and automatic enrolment into the full online course.
Spaces are limited for this Masterclass.
To register for this event please contact Clubs WA:
Holly Hazel / Marketing & Communications Officer
Phone: 1300 640 616 Email: email@example.com
In-house training for your club also available:
In-club workshops can also be tailored specifically for the needs of your club - please call Michelle on 1300 640 616 for more information.
View information on our courses HERE, or click the links above to purchase.
- Preferred Web Browsers: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. We do not recommend using Internet Explorer.
- Systems: This online course is suitable for PC, MAC, Android, iPads, or iPhones.
- Email: You will be required to input a valid personal email address (not a company email address).
- Audio: Some course content is presented using audio. You will need headphones or speakers.
- PDF Downloads: Downloads will require you to have Adobe Reader.